[xmonad] IMLayout - properties not working?

Robert Sawko robertsawko at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 13:45:41 CEST 2012

Dear All,

I was wondering if I could ask you to clarify one issue. I am playing
with IM layout for Skype.

This is th relevant passage in my xmonad.hs
chatLayout =  avoidStruts $ withIM (1%6) rooster  Full
    rooster = And (ClassName "Skype") (Not (Role "ConversationsWindow"))

I took ConversationsWindow from xprop.

The problem is that opening a conversation window still gets opened in
the sidebar and removes the rooster which goes to the main area? What I
am doing wrong? I have seen a number of config files with the above line
but for some reason this doesn't work on my machine.

Opening other applications works ok.

Any hints will be greatly appreciated,
Do you believe in the axiom of choice?