[xmonad] X.H.FadeInactive: Better support for multi monitor setups

Jesper Reenberg jesper.reenberg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 15:54:07 CEST 2012

On 25 April 2012 02:31, Ben Boeckel <mathstuf at gmail.com> wrote:

>  > I have never experienced that, an I must say that I got borred after a
> > minute trying to replicate what you mention, without any noticeable
> effect
> > (Only switching between window A and B, window C didn't get more
> > transparent). I don't see (from a quick look) any way that the code would
> > allow the opacity to change if lots of switches happen.
>
> Where/how did you use the fading hooks? I have mine in the logHook. Mind
> posting the code/diff?

I have mine setup as a logHook aswell.

    , logHook = do
        -- Sets transparancy on non focues windows.
        fadeInactiveCurrentWSLogHook 0.7
        -- fadeInactiveLogHook 1
        -- fadeInactiveLogHook 0.7
        -- Fix SWING applications.
        >> setWMName "LG3D"

The comments are old code which I haven't removed yet. I used it before,
when I had to switch off the fading when hooking on a projector.

--
Reenberg