[xmonad] Issue 478 in xmonad: Restart could be made more robust

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Wed Sep 28 09:49:28 CEST 2011

Owner: nicolas.... at gmail.com
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium Usability Component-Core

New issue 478 by nicolas.... at gmail.com: Restart could be made more robust

Currently xmonad uses a combination of argument passing and environment
variable passing in order to give the current state to the new instance of
xmonad.

These two channels are limited in size (and this is a practical concerned
for me). Moreover using arguments pollutes the process listing and also
leak some information.

I would suggest reading both pieces of state from a file descriptor instead.