[xmonad] Issue 478 in xmonad: Restart could be made more robust

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Wed Sep 28 09:49:28 CEST 2011

Owner: nicolas.... at gmail.com
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium Usability Component-Core

New issue 478 by nicolas.... at gmail.com: Restart could be made more robust

Currently xmonad uses a combination of argument passing and environment
variable passing in order to give the current state to the new instance of

These two channels are limited in size (and this is a practical concerned
for me). Moreover using arguments pollutes the process listing and also
leak some information.

I would suggest reading both pieces of state from a file descriptor instead.