[xmonad] Can't use any of the contrib modules

Anthony Campbell ac at acampbell.org.uk
Mon Sep 19 10:03:13 CEST 2011

On 16 Sep 2011, wagnerdm at seas.upenn.edu wrote:
> Quoting Anthony Campbell <ac at acampbell.org.uk>:
>
> >This comes from Xmonad-Doc-Extending, which I found at
> >http://xmonad.org/xmonad-docs/xmonad-contrib/XMonad-Doc-Extending.html#The_LayoutClass
>
> I've pushed a documentation patch fixing this and a few other errors
> in the documentation there.
>
> ~d

Thanks for this, but I'm still getting errors here. I copied the sample
xmonad.hs from "Extending the layout hook":

import XMonad

    import XMonad.Layout.Tabbed
    import XMonad.Layout.Accordion
    import XMonad.Layout.NoBorders

    mylayoutHook = Full ||| noBorders (tabbed shrinkText defaultTConf) ||| Accordion

    main = xmonad $ defaultConfig { layoutHook = mylayoutHook }

But recompiling gives an error:

xmonad.hs:3:5: parse error on input `import'

Anthony Campbell - ac at acampbell.org.uk