[xmonad] Issue 177 in xmonad: xmonad does not follow ICCCM and ignores WM_TAKE_FOCUS protocol

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Fri Sep 2 17:00:17 CEST 2011

Comment #69 on issue 177 by gere... at gmail.com: xmonad does not follow ICCCM
and ignores WM_TAKE_FOCUS protocol

This is possibly because the ICCMFocus hook uses currentTime as the client
message data. The ICCM spec says that the timestamp should not be
currentTime but a real timestamp, presumably the timestamp of the event
causing the focus message to be sent. As far as I can tell the main
difference from the hook and my patch is that my patch tracks the timestamp
of events so that the message field can be properly sent. I think it ought
to be possible to add that behavior by adding an event hook that stores the
last event time in some extensible state.