[xmonad] Issue 480 in xmonad: xmonad merge screens when recompile and restart

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Fri Oct 28 05:16:41 CEST 2011

Owner: ----

New issue 480 by argu... at gmail.com: xmonad merge screens when recompile and
restart

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Attach external monitor on VGA port of Thinkpad T410i
2. On terminal: xrandr --output VGA --above LVDS --auto
3. Recompile and restart with mod-q

xmonad should recompile and restart, xmobar (which is on top of VGA) should
restart looking good.

xmonad does recompile but when restart it merges everything on LVDS, like
if my second screen were also LVDS and seems to treat my external monitor
like an extension of LVDS. I just can move windows to VGA by moving the
floating window.

xmonad 0.9.2 on Archlinux x86_64

Are you using an xmonad.hs?  Please attach it and the output of "xmonad
--recompile".

No output when "xmonad --recompile"

It doesn't seem to happen when I use "xrandr --output VGA --right-of LVDS
--auto"

Attachments:
	xmonad.hs  14.0 KB