[xmonad] Wallpaper Appearing Briefly on Client Creation/Destruction in Tiled Layouts

Troels Henriksen athas at sigkill.dk
Thu Oct 6 13:01:35 CEST 2011

wagnerdm at seas.upenn.edu writes:

> That strategy doesn't work when the layout of all the windows changes,
> since a window cannot be mapped at two places (and, potentially,
> sizes!) at once.

You could dump the contents of the workspace region to a pixmap, render
that pixmap to a new (unmanaged) window covering the entire workspace,
perform window movement/mapping behind it and unmap the covering window
at the end.  This would work, but it's ugly and complex.  I doubt a
simple and robust solution to this aesthetic issue can be conceived.

--
\  Troels
/\ Henriksen