[xmonad] XMonad.Prompt.Ssh

Marco Guidetti marco at marcoguidetti.org
Wed Nov 30 16:54:09 CET 2011

Hi,
I really like the idea of being able to open ssh sessions straight from xmonad.
Somehow, it doesn't work and I don't understand.

Here's relevant part of the configuration:

import XMonad.Prompt
import XMonad.Prompt.Ssh

      myXPConfig = defaultXPConfig

        , ((mod4Mask .|. shiftMask,  xK_s), sshPrompt myXPConfig)

So when I hit mod4Mask, shift and s it starts correctly the "Ssh to:"
prompt. At this point I enter the host name, and hit enter, and
nothing happens...

I guess it should open a terminal with a session to the host I just
entered, but it doesn't (there are no other windows with shells into
that machine).

Advice? Ideas? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance,

marco