[xmonad] exiting: asking for confirmation (or a four-key combination)

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 17:47:24 CET 2011

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 08:43, Ramon Diaz-Uriarte <rdiaz02 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks to both Daniel Wagner and Brandon Allbery for their
> suggestions.
>
> I've ended up using Daniel's one because it seemed more similar to what I
> was thinking. I only changed the order of "yes\nno\n", to make the default
> be "no" since I very, very rarely exit xmonad (on purpose).

Daniel's solution has the potential for problems, because xmonad's main
loop isn't processing events while it's running.  (This is a common problem
with most of the contrib functions that process input; they really need to
do their input handling in the handleEventHook instead of opening a new
connection to the X server.  For those who keep track of such things, the
possible failure mode is the same as with the infamous putSelection.)