[xmonad] register XMonad as window manager with X

Tom Davis tom at recursivedream.com
Mon Nov 7 17:22:18 CET 2011

On Nov 7, 2011, at 10:29 AM, "Allen S. Rout" <asr at ufl.edu> wrote:

> On 11/05/2011 07:32 PM, Brandon Allbery wrote:
>
>> You're running stock 0.9.1/0.9.2, which is effectively 2 years old at
>> this point.  Upgrade to the darcs version;
>
> ..?   Really?   Can't you just do a quarterly drop or something?  Or even annual?

I definitely agree. I had no idea until recently that the Fedora package the xmonad site linked me to was effectively obsolete. Or, rather, that darcs was under active development since. Now I'm not sure what will happen if I upgrade to darcs, if it's worth it, etc.

I guess I don't consider "bleeding edge" to be synonymous with "the past two years of development." If darcs is canonical and stable at this point, it should be presented as the preferred installation method at the very least.

-Tom