[xmonad] darcs patch: Extend navigation functions in X.A.GridSelect.

Daniel Schoepe daniel.schoepe at googlemail.com
Tue May 17 11:08:47 CEST 2011

On Sun, 15 May 2011 22:00:35 +0600, Ilya Portnov <portnov84 at rambler.ru> wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> This patch adds two functions to XMonad.Actions.GridSelect: moveNext and
> movePrev. They move selection in gridselect to next and previous
> elements, respectively. One may map them to Tab/Shift-Tab keys. For
> example, I use Alt-Tab to call gridselect with windows on current
> workspace, and [..]

Hi,

as a minor improvment you might want to alter those functions to select
the next entry that is the next graphically adjacent element, instead of
just the next element in the list.

Currently this makes moveNext spiral outwards from the center, but I
think this is dependent on the way td_elementmap is constructed, i.e. an
implementation detail.

(If this is the intended behavior, it should be documented in
movePrev/moveNext's, and possibly where td_elementmap is constructed.)

Cheers,
Daniel