[xmonad] Issue 448 in xmonad: Applications crash with message 'BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)' in specific workspace

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Thu May 5 10:42:01 CEST 2011

Owner: ----

New issue 448 by damian.o... at gmail.com: Applications crash with
message 'BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)' in specific
workspace

I get this error randomly, if I try to open 2 windows in a specific
workspace, I get as an error:

The program 'xxx' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)'.
   (Details: serial 2697 error_code 11 request_code 53 minor_code 0)

I don't have the problem in other workspaces.

What steps will reproduce the problem?
Sadly this error occurs randomly. Here are the steps that caused the last
error.
1. Open evince document viewer in workspace 2.
2. Open a new evince window (using Ctrl+n)
3. Try to resize the masterpane. Evince will crash, and from this point
onwards it is not possible to have two windows at the same time in
workspace 2.

Xmonad version: xmonad 0.9.1
Operating system: Ubuntu 11.04, kernel 2.6.38-9-generic

Are you using an xmonad.hs?  Please attach it and the output of "xmonad
--recompile".

Attachments:
	xmonad.hs  7.1 KB
	xorg.conf  2.2 KB