[xmonad] Bluetile offspring

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Sun Jun 26 21:32:56 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 26.06.2011, 12:16 -0400 schrieb Gwern Branwen:
> > ...is a gnome-shell extension that adds smart and user-friendly
> tiling window features to your gnome desktop, inspired by bluetile.

one idea that I had related to gnome-shell and xmonad is that maybe it
is possible write a gnome-shell plugin or separate process that can make
use of the xmonad layouts (at least the pure ones) and instead of being
a window-manager itself, just tells gnome-shell (mutter, to be exact, I
think) how to arrange the windows. If this could be pulled through
without changes to the vast layout library of xmonad, it would be a
great demonstration of Haskell’s reusability.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner