[xmonad] Toggle Window (Always Below <-> Always Above)

Audun Skaugen audunskaugen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 12:43:00 CET 2011

På Mon, 31 Jan 2011 10:52:05 +0100, skrev Jan-David Quesel
<quesel at gmail.com>:

> ah yeah that sounds like a good idea. might have been a
> missunderstanding on my side that I didnt come to think of just
> using ask to retrieve the window.
>
> I'm now trying to use the following manageHook
> checkDock --> do
>                 win <- ask
>                 WindowDump windows <- XS.get :: X WindowDump
>                 XS.put $ WindowDump (win:windows)
>                 doHideIgnore

XS.get and XS.put live in the X monad, while manage hooks live in the
Query monad. The solution is to lift the calls, thus:

checkDock --> do
                 win <- ask
                 WindowDump windows <- liftX XS.get :: Query WindowDump
                 liftX $ XS.put $ WindowDump (win:windows)
                 doHideIgnore

--
Audun Skaugen