[xmonad] Toggle Window (Always Below <-> Always Above)

Jan-David Quesel quesel at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 09:32:16 CET 2011

Hi,

using AvoidStruts I have implemented some way to show my status
bar only while holding my modkey. Unfortunatly this method is
quite slow and ineffective as all windows on the current screen
resize and redraw when pressing the modkey. Instead I'm searching
for a way to reorder the stackset such that my dzen window
appears either above all other windows (while the modkey is
pressed) or below all other.

Some implementation like that would although solve another issue
I'm experiencing: When I restart xmonad my dzen bar is suddenly
on top of all other windows until I create a new one, that then
enables all other windows to again cover the status bar.

Someone got an idea how to implement such an behavior based on
what is already done with those eventhooks in my current
configuration? (see line 130-152)

Best regards,
Jan

P.S. I have attached my xmonad configuration for reference.

--
Jan-David Quesel
Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg

Phone: +49 (0)441 798-2376
Fax: +49 (0)441 798-2965