[xmonad] Understanding how to build and run xmonad

Weeble clockworksaint at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 21:57:22 CET 2011

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 6:45 PM, Adam Vogt <vogt.adam at gmail.com> wrote:
> * On Saturday, January 15 2011, Weeble wrote:
>>1. How can I get rid of everything and start again?
>
> rm ~/.cabal; rm ~/.ghc

Thanks!

I emptied that out, installed cabal-install[1] and then went to my
xmonad and XMonadContrib source directories and ran cabal install. Now
I get a different error from XMonadContrib:

[ 89 of 212] Compiling XMonad.Util.Image ( XMonad/Util/Image.hs,
dist/build/XMonad/Util/Image.o )

XMonad/Util/Image.hs:24:39:
    Module `XMonad.Util.Font' does not export `fi'

Any suggestions here?

(After that failed I tried another darcs pull to see if there have
been more changes that would help me, but it just seems to stall
indefinitely at "Identifying repository
http://code.haskell.org/XMonadContrib format". Is there a problem with
the server?)

Thanks for answering my other questions. I feel a lot more confident
having some idea of what is happening where.

Weeble.

[1] - http://haskell.org/cabal/download.html