[xmonad] Issue 313 in xmonad: Merge contrib's isFullscreen and doFullFloat to core

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Mon Feb 28 12:13:43 CET 2011

Comment #7 on issue 313 by audunska... at gmail.com: Merge contrib's
isFullscreen and doFullFloat to core

I am not convinced that a doFullFloat is the right way to handle
fullscreen; this should be up to the user to decide. I would therefore go
against putting this hook into the default config. Making it available in
core seems resonable though.

There is a module now called XMonad.Layout.Fullscreen that sends messages
to let the layouts themselves decide what to do with fullscreen windows;
this seems to me like a more xmonadish way of doing things. As long as we
want to provide several ways of handling fullscreen, providing a default
seems counter productive.

BTW, thanks for the improved fullscreen query (from alexey). I will look
into using it for X.L.Fullscreen.

Disclaimer: I'm the author of the mentioned module.