[xmonad] xmobar troubles

Norbert Zeh nzeh at cs.dal.ca
Fri Feb 11 19:09:20 CET 2011

Is the output you see from the script newline-terminated?  If it isn't, xmobar
may not process this input because, at least for the stdin reader (and I assume
the mail reader does the same), it processes things one line at a time.  Then
again, I don't see why the whole bar should hang if it isn't
newline-terminated.  Normally, it should just display "Updating..." or
something like that if it's waiting for input from the command it runs.

- Norbert

Tony Morris [2011.02.11 2236 +1000]: