[xmonad] Compilation error in darcs xmonad-contrib

Toby Cubitt tsc25 at cantab.net
Tue Feb 8 12:36:43 CET 2011

For a little while now, I've been unable to compile xmonad-contrib from
darcs. Now that the repo is back up, I tried again, but am still getting
the same error as before:

[ 34 of 212] Compiling XMonad.Hooks.ICCCMFocus ( XMonad/Hooks/ICCCMFocus.hs, dist/build/XMonad/Hooks/ICCCMFocus.o )

XMonad/Hooks/ICCCMFocus.hs:43:17:
    Ambiguous occurrence `atom_WM_TAKE_FOCUS'
    It could refer to either `XMonad.Hooks.ICCCMFocus.atom_WM_TAKE_FOCUS', defined at XMonad/Hooks/ICCCMFocus.hs:34:0
                          or `XMonad.atom_WM_TAKE_FOCUS', imported from XMonad at XMonad/Hooks/ICCCMFocus.hs:27:0-12

This is with ghc 6.12.3, and version 1.5.0.0 of the haskell X11
libraries. Is there something amiss with my xmonad/haskell setup, or is
there an error in the current darcs xmonad-contrib?

Thanks for any help,

Toby
--
Dr T. S. Cubitt
Mathematics and Quantum Information group

email: tsc25 at cantab.net
web:   www.dr-qubit.org