[xmonad] Debugging xmonad (also issue 225)

Ivan S. Freitas ivansichfreitas at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 06:42:23 CET 2011

Hello all,

I'm trying to improve the proposed patch for issue 225, by adding a
configuration option to toggle its behavior.
So far, I applied the old patch, added the variable to control the
behavior, and tried to use the setting to
decide which behavior to use (see the attached patch, sorry if it's
wrongly formatted but I'm not used to
darcs yet).

The problem: with clickToFocus (the option I've added) turned to False
(i.e., the click changes the focus
but still goes to the application), everything works as expected. But
setting it to True (i.e., keeps the default
xmonad's behavior) xmonad just freezes after I click on any window
(setting before calling startx or recompiling
inside xmonad doesn't solve that, either). So, how do I debug xmonad
to find where I made a mistake?

Also, note that I'm somewhat new to haskell, so imperative programming
still cripples my thought.

--
Ivan Sichmann Freitas
GNU/Linux user #509059