[xmonad] mod-shift-q is Harmful

Ruben Gonzalez Arnau rga at sdf.lonestar.org
Mon Dec 26 18:49:08 CET 2011

Hi,

If you just don't want to quit by error your X11 session (with your
running programs), you can do something like this.

/home/user/.xinitrc

while :; do
         xmonad
         if [ `echo -e 'no\nyes' | dmenu -p 'Do you really want to quit
xmonad?'` = "yes" ]; then
             break
         fi
done

So, if you say yes, X11 quits, if not, xmonad will be relaunched with
its programs, but it will not remember layouts and you maybe will need
to readjust manually some order apps, but it works as a workaround to
prevent kill x11.

Hope it helps.