[xmonad] mod-shift-q is Harmful

Toby Cubitt tsc25 at cantab.net
Mon Dec 26 13:47:00 CET 2011

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 07:44:40AM -0000, Michael Witten wrote:
> I just lost a lot of computation when a long-running program of
> mine was unceremoniously destroyed by xmonad.

XMonad aside, I always run long-running computations inside GNU screen,
to avoid any risk of accidentally killing them by logging out, or killing
the terminal, or other such pitfalls (the probability of which
mysteriously seems to increase exponentially the longer and more
important the computation is!)

If your computations are command-line programs (most are), you might find
it useful.

Best,
Toby
--
Dr T. S. Cubitt
Mathematics and Quantum Information group

email: tsc25 at cantab.net
web:   www.dr-qubit.org