[xmonad] zaphod mode

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Mon Dec 19 23:07:49 CET 2011

On Mon, 19 Dec 2011 15:56:39 -0500
Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Nor can you have each screen be managed separately; this is
> a function of the X server, and it looks like that functionality was
> removed from XRandR.

Can't you use the screennumber part of the display to do this? That
worked before there was an XRandR (and Xinerama). I don't have a
multiheaded machine available to check it on, or I would.

It may take some finagling to get things started properly:

DISPLAY=:0.1 xmonad &	# Managing screen 1
DISPLAY=:0.0 xmonad 	# Managing screen 0, exit to exit X.

It doesn't look like xmonad has a way to specify a non-default config,
which would significantly lower the value of this. Moving windows
between screens didn't work back then either, but that was the X
server, so it may or may not work now.

      <mike