[xmonad] Issue 363 in xmonad: non-positive argument error on NVidia Xinerama set

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Tue Dec 13 10:04:40 CET 2011

Comment #8 on issue 363 by dominique.devriese at gmail.com: non-positive
argument error on NVidia Xinerama set

I want to add a comment that this error message can also be caused by a
wrong xmonad config (I spent some time looking for this). Briefly, if you
have strictly more xinerama screens than initial workspaces in your xmonad
config (I use DynamicWorkspaces), then you will see this crash, and it will
go away if you add more initial workspaces in your xmonad config or if you
change the screens config using xrandr so that there appear to be fewer
screens on startup.