[xmonad] Issue 471 in xmonad: Hang when adding guides in GIMP

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Wed Aug 17 23:57:23 CEST 2011

Owner: ----

New issue 471 by prvak.... at gmail.com: Hang when adding guides in GIMP

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Open any picture in the GIMP
2. Drag from the rulers into the canvas to create a guide

I expect to see a guide appear underneath the mouse as I drag it over the
canvas. What happens is that GIMP plus XMonad both hang. Moving the cursor
around just gives feedback in the form of changing the pointer (on the
canvas window, the cursor shows the selected GIMP tool). No XMonad
keybindings work from that moment, as well. I have to kill GIMP from
outside X. Afterwards, things go back to normal (except for the murdered
GIMP...).

I'm using XMonad 0.9.2 on Gentoo.

Are you using an xmonad.hs?  Please attach it and the output of "xmonad
--recompile".

I can reproduce this on any layout I use in my xmonad.hs (attached).

Attachments:
	xmonad.hs  8.0 KB