[xmonad] Window(s) overlaps status bar after xmonad is restarted

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 00:25:13 CEST 2011

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 18:20, Dunric <dunric29a at gmail.com> wrote:

> Now it does work flawlessly, issue is gone.
> I still find it rather as a hack than a bugfix but better then nothing :-)

It's only a hack to the extent that you need to add that extra hook.  There
are a few other things that incorrectly assume it's enough to hook the
logHook (notably FadeInactive) and thereby miss critical Map and Unmap
events.  I've actually been wondering if the right thing to do is for the
core to invoke the logHook itself on those, since it's (almost?) always the
right thing anyway.