[xmonad] Issue 444 in xmonad: Problem with Emacs window getting stuck

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Mon Apr 11 20:21:48 CEST 2011

Owner: ----

New issue 444 by nbudu... at gmail.com: Problem with Emacs window getting stuck

What steps will reproduce the problem?

Not reproducible, but it *always* happen after a long running (10h+) Emacs
session. It happen when switching between windows in fullscreen mode or
when resizing a window.

I should be able to switch between windows or resize them, but Emacs is
stuck in the position and size it had when the bug happen. The other
windows behave normaly but are masked by the stuck Emacs window.

0.9.2-1.2/Arch

It also happened to me often using older version of XMonad under Debian.

Are you using an xmonad.hs?  Please attach it and the output of "xmonad
--recompile".

This command doesn't produce any output, but that bug happen even without
any customization.

Never saw that bug happen with anything other than Emacs.

This issue is probably related to:

I'm running inside a VirtualBox vitual machine, I've never saw this bug
with a physical one, but I never ran long enough sessions on them either.