[xmonad] doShift vs mplayer

Raghavendra D Prabhu raghu.prabhu13 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 22:46:05 CEST 2011

* On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 03:59:01PM -0500, Nathaniel Filardo <nwfilardo at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I wasn't able to find a solution to this, though it's possible I
>missed some previous discussion.  If my manageHook contains "title =?
>"MPlayer" --> doShift wkM" then, as expected, MPlayer's windows get
>sent to wkM.  However, unless wkM is currently on screen, mplayer does
>not begin playing. If I bring wkM on screen, it starts, and when I
>bring something else onscreen instead, mplayer continues to play.
>FWIW, This is a pretty stock Debian testing machine.
>
>Suggestions?  Thanks in advance.
>--nwf;

Hi,
@Nathaniel,
The issue is fixed in upstream now. I am not sure of distro releases,
but it is in upstream master git repository at mplayer2.org.

@Ben,
  I guess it can be made configurable. Note that this has been pushed
  only to mplayer2 which is different from original mplayer. For
  mplayer2, you can open ticket on mplayer2.org if you are using it and
  want it to be configurable. It should be easy to do.

Raghavendra Prabhu
GPG ID:D72BE977 fingerprint: B93F EBCB 8E05 7039 CD3C A4B8 A616 DCA1 D72B E977