[xmonad] better combineTwoP and Property

Михаил wproxym at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 00:29:19 CEST 2011

В Fri, 8 Apr 2011 17:26:13 -0400
Adam Vogt <vogt.adam at gmail.com> пишет:

> * On Friday, April 08 2011, proxym wrote:
>
> >I modified combineTwoP and Property.
> >http://hpaste.org/45435/combinetwoqb
> >New name is combineTwoQB
> >
> >Now windows use full screen space always! (It was bug in combineTwoP,
> >when all windows are in one pane only)
> >
> >Now you can use IsDialog property to detect dialog windows.
> >
> >Version with simplified config: http://hpaste.org/45439/combinetwoqb
>
> Hi,
>
> What do users of Combo currently think of the differences here? I
> could believe that somebody might like the old behavior (less
> resizing, the windows look bad when they are full-width, etc.), but
> do people prefer this for such reasons?
>
> Regardless of whether or not the default ComboP should follow this
> changed behavior, the common code means that one should probably be
> written in terms of the other.
>
> --
> Adam

My goal was to handle dialog windows, to make them unfloated
and to create the layout, in which we can see main window and it's
dialog window (and it must look in case of tiling philosophy + tabbed
philosophy).
I think full-width windows are not very bad (i even like them).

But i think my modifications in combineTwoP and Property are even
better than my main goal.

--
Best regards, Michael