[xmonad] Full example of IndependentScreens

Ola Karlsson skalle.karlsson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 07:30:12 CEST 2011

Hi Linux..

Thx for answering my newbie questions.. Haskell is something brand new and
strange to me so am just hacking around at random in the config.hs with
little luck..

Did read the usage part and ended up with this config...

import XMonad
import XMonad.Config.Gnome
import XMonad.Layout.IndependentScreens
myKeys conf@(XConfig {XMonad.modMask = modMask}) = M.fromList $

--      ++
      [ ((m .|. modMask, k ), windows $ f i)
              | (i, k) <- zip (XMonad.workspaces conf) [xK_1 .. xK_9]
              , (f,m) <- [(W.greedyView, 0), (W.shift, shiftMask)]]

main = xmonad gnomeConfig
        { terminal = "urxvt -rv +sb"
        , modMask = mod4Mask
        , workspaces = withScreens 1 ["Monitor" , "Work"]
        }

With this I end up with

xmonad.hs:5:51: Not in scope: `M.fromList'

xmonad.hs:10:15: Not in scope: `W.greedyView'

xmonad.hs:10:34: Not in scope: `W.shift'

And am stuck.. :(

/Ola