[xmonad] KeyEvent stream manipulation

Brandon S Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Sat Sep 25 14:16:06 EDT 2010

On 9/23/10 11:27 , Daniel wrote:
> For what I want to do I need to have exclusive access to the keyboard
> events so that I can rewrite them. I have been experimenting a bit

This really wants to be done in (or with the active help of) the X server.
You might want to look at how various accessibility-related programs work.

> * active grab on A reverts to passive (incl some FocusEvents &
> KeymapNotify to inform us that B is still held)

When A is pressed, grab the keyboard and manage key events yourself (which
is what you want to do anyway, isn't it?) until all the keys you want to
work with are released, at which point you drop the grab.

You should probably look for x.org-related mailing lists.

- --
brandon s. allbery     [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]      allbery at kf8nh.com
system administrator  [openafs,heimdal,too many hats]  allbery at ece.cmu.edu
electrical and computer engineering, carnegie mellon university      KF8NH
Version: GnuPG v2.0.10 (Darwin)