[xmonad] Re: Issue 311 in xmonad: using noBorders on tabbed layout freezes tab bar on workspace change

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Sun Sep 12 17:58:59 EDT 2010

Comment #7 on issue 311 by allbery.b: using noBorders on tabbed layout
freezes tab bar on workspace change

I haven't seen this, but have seen a possibly related anomaly involving
noBorders and tabbed:

I have a layout with a moderately involved PerWorkspace layout on one
workspace (toggling between tabbed and several others as clients of the IM
layout, for flexibility) and the rest using Full.  What I found was that,
if (noBorders Full) was specified *after* PerWorkspace, tabs were only
drawn once, and ignored my theme.  I could see something trying to update
them afterward (flickering on focus changes), but no actual changes were
painted.

If I moved noBorders *above* the PerWorkspace, tabs worked as expected.
The same happened if I substituted smartBorders for noBorders anywhere in
the above.

(Additionally, I find that tabbed is only using parts of my theme, even
though if I trace through the code it looks like the right colors are being
passed to the right places.  I don't know if this is related, a different
bug, or if I'm doing something silly, though.)

It'll take some work to simplify my xmonad.hs enough to provide a test
case/example.