[xmonad] Issue 413 in xmonad: Windows don't disappear

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Wed Oct 13 16:06:58 EDT 2010

Owner: ----

New issue 413 by srburnet: Windows don't disappear

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Open a window (e.g., a terminal, although it happens to all types of
windows)
2. Do a bunch of other work with other windows. (This doesn't happen if you
open and close a window immediately).
3. Close the original window.

The window should disappear and the wallpaper should be shown.

Instead, an artifact image of the window remains, although the window
itself has definitely closed. I can't interact with the window and if open
a new window xmonad behaves as if there is no additional window (the screen
isn't split between the two windows). I can even drag a small window around
in tiling mode over the image of the window and "erase" the closed window
(i.e., the wallpaper is redrawn in areas touched by the window).

I've attached a screenshot that hopefully makes sense.

Note that the problem is very rare. There doesn't seem to be a pattern for
which windows have the problem.

xmonad darcs, on Arch Linux. I am using the NVIDIA proprietary drivers with
dual monitors (Twinview). I am not using compositing. The problem has
occured with multiple versions of xmonad, the kernel versions, and the
NVIDIA driver.

Are you using an xmonad.hs?  Please attach it and the output of "xmonad
--recompile".

xmonad --recompile yields no output.

Attachments:
	xmonad.hs  5.2 KB