[xmonad] Re: HCAR November 2010

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 21:14:12 EDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 10:24 AM, Janis Voigtlaender <hcar at haskell.org> wrote:
> Dear Gwern,
>
> I am currently planning the upcoming November 2010
> edition of the Haskell Communities and Activities Report (HCAR).
>
> For a previous edition of HCAR, you have kindly provided material
> on the following topics:
>
>   * mueval
>   * xmonad
>
> I would very much like to receive an update from you on these topics
> for inclusion in the new edition. Your contribution is important
> to keep the report interesting and up-to-date, which in turn
> serves the entire Haskell community.
>
> The articles from the previous report are attached to this mail.
> If you update them, please use the attachments as a basis.
>
> Completely new entries/topics are also welcome!
> Please submit your entries before Monday, 1 November 2010.
>
> Thank you very much for your support. I look forward to
> hearing from you.
>
> Ciao,
>  Janis.

I looked through the main Xmonad repo; I saw no major changes (some
very small tweaks and doc changes) since May. In XMC's repo, I only
saw rearrangements, tweaks, some revamps by me of XMonad.Util.Run not
really worth mentioning, and 2 new modules added. Hence, the sum total
of my 'update' is:

hunk ./man/HCAR.tex 49
 \item XMonad.Actions.DynamicWorkspaceOrder
 \item XMonad.Actions.WorkspaceNames
 \item XMonad.Actions.DynamicWorkspaceGroups
+\item XMonad.Hooks.Minimize - a hook to handle minimize/restore
window manager hints
+\item XMonad.Actions.GroupNavigation - allows cycling through; can
also keeps track of the
+  history of focused windows and allows returning to the most recently focused

The patch is attached.

Unless anyone knows of missing changes worth mentioning, I suggest
this be applied and then I can ping Janis to grab the new HCAR.tex
from http://code.haskell.org/xmonad/man/HCAR.tex

--
gwern
http://www.gwern.net/