[xmonad] Xterm urgency hint

Norbert Zeh nzeh at cs.dal.ca
Fri Oct 8 13:44:10 EDT 2010

Sergey Alirzaev [2010.10.08 1806 +0400]:
> On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 16:45, Norbert Zeh <nzeh at cs.dal.ca> wrote:
> > I seem to remember that some of you xmonad users are also running arch
> > linux, which is my newest distro of choice.  Has anyone here run into
> > the problem that xterm ignores the bellIsUrgent flag?  No matter what I
> > do, all I hear is a beep, but the urgency hint is not set for the
> > window.
> As far as i remember, xmonad clears urgency hints for the visible windows.

Indeed, it does.  But to test it, I simply did

sleep 2; echo -e "\a"

then switched to a different workspace so the window was not visible.
Then I heard the beep, but did not receive any urgency notification.
The setup from xmonad's side that I am using right now is the exact same
that did work over the last few months, but somewhere along the road, it
seems that an xterm upgrade messed things up.

()  ascii ribbon campaign  -  against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org    -  against proprietary attachments