[xmonad] Re: Issue 348 in xmonad: Encoding task force

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Fri Nov 12 10:39:56 EST 2010

Comment #7 on issue 348 by ilabath: Encoding task force

Function
X.H.DynamicLog.dynamicLogString :: PP -> X String
encodes the resulting string to utf8, which is sloppy according to the
guidelines
and produces double-encoded output with ghc 6.12.3 on darcs version of
xmonad+contib when outputting to a pipe.

I've removed the encodeString processing, and added a cleaner equivalent to
the xmonadPropLog, where I believe the output should be utf8-encoded. It
fixes encoding issues for me, but I have only tested it with pipe output on
my current setup.

I don't know whether it will work on older versions of ghc, where output
might not be automatically encoded.

While fixing the log hook, I've noticed a redundant depend in the cabal
file and (hopefully) made the X.U.NamedWindows.getName function more
readable. I don't know what to do with those patches, so I'm just attaching
them as well.

Attachments:
	log-fix.dpatch  48.8 KB
	nodepend.dpatch  47.6 KB