[xmonad] problem getting latest xmonad code

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 08:24:13 EST 2010

On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 5:18 PM, Armin Roehrl <m94asr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   I have trouble getting xmonad (0.9) to work under os X, so
> I want to try my luck from the latest code version.
>
> Unfortunately darcs get seems to take forever.
> ---
> darcs get http://code.haskell.org/xmonad
> Converting old-fashioned repository to hashed format...
> Fetching a hashed repository would be faster.  Perhaps you could persuade
> the maintainer to run darcs optimize --upgrade with darcs 2.4.0 or higher?
> --
>
> Can I download a snapshot somewhere?
>
> Thanks,
>   -Armin

Darcs is reasonably fast with the Xmonad repo since it's not a very
big repo at all. It would not surprise me if the problem were simply
code.haskell.org (again) being slow, and retrying in an hour fixed the
problem.

(Also, there haven't been all *that* many changes since 0.9.1, as the
lack of HCAR entries shows, so I would also venture that darcs Xmonad
isn't very likely to resolve whatever your problem is.)

--
gwern
http://www.gwern.net