[xmonad] floating problems - vlc and dialogs

Thomas Adam thomas at xteddy.org
Mon May 31 05:23:18 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 10:03:43AM +1000, Ivan Miljenovic wrote:
> 2) That isn't the classname that VLC has when it starts (and then
> changes its classname once the GUI is created, etc.)

Which is not allowed to happen, since the WM_CLASS is only set whilst the
window is in the Withdrawn state.  To change that afterwards, is in
violation of the ICCCM.  If VLC is really doing this, file a bug upstream.

-- Thomas Adam

--
"It was the cruelest game I've ever played and it's played inside my head."
-- "Hush The Warmth", Gorky's Zygotic Mynci.