[xmonad] Ratpoison style focus

Davi Reis davi.reis at gmail.com
Thu May 13 23:57:52 EDT 2010

Hi xmonad friends,

I am a long time orphan of ratpoison, and after trying ion3, dwm,
awesome and many others I finally settled on xmonad + kde. Simple to
configure and a joy to use. Great work.

The only thing that still bothers me is not having ratpoison-style
focus, which means separated mouse and keyboard focus. I find it very
useful for writing code in my xterm (konsole, actually) while I use
gmail from a browser in another window. This prevents long mouse trips
between the browser and the terminal (and these monitors keep getting
bigger and bigger).

Any hints? Is this something possible to achieve with existing contrib
extensions? I couldn't find anything.

--
[]s
Davi de Castro Reis