[xmonad] Upgrading repo formats

Nicolas Pouillard nicolas.pouillard at gmail.com
Thu May 6 07:46:56 EDT 2010

On Mon, 3 May 2010 09:32:05 -0700, Don Stewart <dons at galois.com> wrote:
> spencerjanssen:
> > I do support switching, but I do have one concern.  As I understand it,
> > after switching we won't be able to apply any darcs 1 patches to the darcs 2
> > repo.  We would need to resolve any outstanding forks and clean up all the
> > pending patches on the mailing list.
> >
> > Also, is there some documentation or a guide for converting?  I really don't
> > want to screw up our repository.
> >

> Can we test in parallel for a little while?

What about saving in git the two _darcs repositories in two branches
this would allow to apply old patches on the darcs1 repo and then switch
to the second one to re-record it.

It can be kind of painful to do, but convey a good chunk of flexibility
in the transition to darcs2.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Pouillard