[xmonad] Re: darcs patch: XMonad.Core: rw recompilation

adam vogt vogt.adam at gmail.com
Sat May 1 22:45:52 EDT 2010

On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 4:07 PM, Gwern Branwen <gwern0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> (I would like to run the numbers, but I don't know any way to ask
> Darcs for when a patch was applied to a given repo, as opposed to when
> a patch was recorded; with the former, I could check on things like
> 'did the average time before a patch was dealt with definitively
> shrink or expand when gwern switched email styles?')
>
> As I've suggested before: if you and Spencer are so overloaded as to
> be unable to review modest patches given half a year, why not give a
> third person the core commit bit? I wouldn't trust myself with the
> core, but is there no one else? Joachim Breitner, for example, since
> he's already patching Xmonad-core under his Debian maintainer hat.

Here is a graph to compare the kinds of delays core and contrib
patches take before being applied:

http://code.haskell.org/~aavogt/darcsVersions/applyDelays.svg
http://code.haskell.org/~aavogt/darcsVersions/applyDelays.png (much
smaller file)

Note that you need a copy of the relevant repos that preserves the
mtime of the patches, which darcs get doesn't preserve, in order to
generate that graph with:
http://code.haskell.org/~aavogt/darcsVersions/cmpDates.hs

Going from what's in the repos, core and contrib situations are not
much different.

--
Adam