[xmonad] [Contrib-Patch] XMonad.Actions.KeyRemap

Christian Dietrich stettberger at dokucode.de
Sat May 1 07:42:29 EDT 2010

Hi,
i had the problem that i wanted to use programmers dvorak keymapping[1]
(or better said, i wanted to learn it). But for me as an emacs user it
is a little bit disturbing, that my keybindings change when doing so.

So i wrote a module that made it possible for me to define a keymapping,
so that normal characters are translated by xmonad to programmers
dvorak, and everythin that contains a modifier is left untouched.

This behaviour is done by grabbing all keys by xmonad and sending
appropriate Events to the focused window.

It is also possible to change keymaps on the fly. Here i have the empty
Mapping (here are also no keys bound by xmonad) on F1 and the dvorak
Mapping on F2.

greetz didi

[1] http://www.kaufmann.no/roland/dvorak/

PS: I hope i got the attachment right, i'm not used to gnus until now.

--
No documentation is better than bad documentation
-- Das Ausdrucken dieser Mail wird urheberrechtlich verfolgt.