[xmonad] per-window keyboard layouts

Adam Vogt vogt.adam at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 02:24:54 EDT 2010

* On Thursday, March 25 2010, wagnerdm at seas.upenn.edu wrote:

>Nice work, this looks like something I myself would find quite
>useful! This seems like the perfect kind of thing for xmonad-extras,
>a sort of "no-man's land" for extensions that are hard to compile for
>one reason or another.
>~d
>
>Quoting Konstantin Sobolev <konstantin.sobolev at gmail.com>:
>
>>Hi all,

>>Usage:
>>either drop as XKBLayout.hsc in contrib/XMonad/Layout , add to
>>xmonad-contrib.cabal and rebuild
>>Or put into ~/.xmonad/lib/XMonad/Layout as XKBLayout.hsc and run through
>>hsc2hs
>>Then follow instructions from the header. Basically just import and add to
>>the layout hook.
>>
>>xxkb can still be used as an indicator

I don't see any problems to include this in contrib: To compile XMonad
core you need hsc2hs seeing as there is a file  XMonad/Main.hsc.

hsc2hs is included with ghc-6.12 and I'm almost certain that it was
shipped with earlier versions too. XMonad core uses a hsc file too.

Perhaps the XKB binding is somthing that should be part of X11 or a
separate package on hackage.

--
Adam