[xmonad] per-window keyboard layouts

Konstantin Sobolev konstantin.sobolev at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 18:10:58 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I made a layout modifier that saves per-window keyboard layouts and restores
them on focus changes. Quite handy when working with several keyboard
layouts as there's no external program which provides this functionality AND
works with XMonad: kkbswitch is abandoned, xxkb fails to detect focus
changes correctly.

So here it is: http://hpaste.org/fastcgi/hpaste.fcgi/view?id=24371

However I'm not sure if I should send it to contrib: it heavily depends on
FFI and requires X header files to compile.

Usage:
either drop as XKBLayout.hsc in contrib/XMonad/Layout , add to
xmonad-contrib.cabal and rebuild
Or put into ~/.xmonad/lib/XMonad/Layout as XKBLayout.hsc and run through
hsc2hs
Then follow instructions from the header. Basically just import and add to
the layout hook.

xxkb can still be used as an indicator