[xmonad] Profiling XMonad

Adam Vogt vogt.adam at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 08:13:22 EDT 2010

* On Monday, June 14 2010, Don Stewart wrote:

>trupill:
>> Thanks very much. Just one more question: do I have to change anything when
>> compiling xmonad and xmonad-contrib, or just use those arguments when calling
>> 'xmonad --recompile'?
>>

>No, you'll have to compile xmonad by hand (with cabal configure -..flags
>; cabal build ; cabal install).
>
>-- Don

You need to call ghc yourself instead of `xmonad --recompile', once
you've built the xmonad library with profiling (as Don outlined). xmonad
calls ghc for you with more or less:

 ghc --make xmonad.hs -i -ilib -fforce-recomp -v0 -o ~/.xmonad/xmonad-$arch-$os

And `xmonad --recompile' doesn't listen to any additional flags. So
you'll have to call ghc yourself, and make sure that you directly run
your compiled config with appropriate flags for the RTS.

--
Adam