[xmonad] Re: Segmentation fault when accidentally decorating a tabbed layout

Weeble clockworksaint at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 22:37:58 EDT 2010

2010/6/9 Tomáš Janoušek <tomi at nomi.cz>:
> Since simpleDeco takes a layout of type "l a" and returns a layout of type
> "ModifiedLayout something l a", you should use that lambda:
>    (\(ModifiedLayout _ x') -> x')

Okay, I used that and it seems to work fine. Thanks!

> Did it really work with (const x)? Using that should more or less make that
> particular transformer behave exactly as before the bugfix, IOW cause
> segfaults. I think you should get them as soon as you untoggle the DECORATE
> transformer. It'd be strange if you didn't :-)

I toggled the DECORATE transformer on and off several times on the
desktop using "gimpLayout" which is a combination of several things
including "simpleTabbed". The decoration appeared stacked under the
tabs and on top of the window and went away again with no segfaults.
Maybe it was okay because the layout didn't otherwise change between
the time I toggled the decoration on and off?

> Anyway, just use that lambda and should you get any other strange behaviour,
> let me know.

Thank you!