[xmonad] Re: Segmentation fault when accidentally decorating a tabbed layout

Tomáš Janoušek tomi at nomi.cz
Wed Jun 9 15:14:24 EDT 2010

Hello,

On Wed, Jun 09, 2010 at 01:53:05PM -0400, Weeble wrote:
> I'm using MultiToggle so that I can press WIN+D to toggle on window
> decorations when I need to tell similar windows apart. However, I've
> found that this causes a segmentation fault whenever I use it on a
> tabbed layout. I assume this is because it's already decorated? I know
> it may not make much sense to decorate it twice, but I don't think it
> should segfault when I do this. I've tried to get updated versions
> from darcs, but I don't really understand how all the dependencies
> work, so I probably did something wrong.
> [...]

Did you xmonad --recompile? The attached xmonad.hs certainly doesn't compile
without errors with latest xmonad and XMC, exactly because a fix for this
problem introduced an API change in the Transformer class.

The bug that corresponds to what you're seeing is this:

Regards,
--
Tomáš Janoušek, a.k.a. Liskni_si, http://work.lisk.in/