[xmonad] Upgrading repo formats

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 18:27:52 EDT 2010

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 10:14 PM, Gwern Branwen <gwern0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 3:40 PM, adam vogt <vogt.adam at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Gwern Branwen <gwern0 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> While waiting on a slow connection today to darcs get XMC, I had time
>>> to ponder. The patches are (or would be) in my global cache, so it
>>> could go much faster. Why doesn't it? Because xmonad-contrib and
>>> xmonad-core are both still using darcs-1 fomatted repositories.
>>> Is there any particular reason to not upgrade? Even Debian Stable has
>>> Darcs 2.x (http://packages.debian.org/lenny/darcs), so it's not as if
>>> there are many people who would be unable to do a darcs get.
>>> --
>>> gwern
>> I support this.
>> Since this isn't something we can easily rollback, (without the messy
>> situation of keeping the unupgraded repository updated in parallel), it
>> is important to have some consensus before updating repo formats.
> What now? Nobody has objected here, and it's been several days, so I
> would guess not many will object in the future.

Not very many people have weighed in (though everyone seems to support
it), so I'm trying advertising on the Xmonad reddit to get some more
eyes on this thead:


More information about the xmonad mailing list