[xmonad] Re: Issue 402 in xmonad: Xmonad becomes unresponsive. No focus changing (using keys or mouse), workspace changing or recompile.

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Fri Jul 30 22:56:38 EDT 2010

Comment #2 on issue 402 by ivan.miljenovic: Xmonad becomes unresponsive.
No focus changing (using keys or mouse), workspace changing or recompile.

To make it easier, here are the relevant parts of the logs:

<nharris> Does anyone ever have issues where the keys don't respond in
xmonad?
<nharris> well
<nharris> xmonad doesn't respond at all
<nharris> but the last window with focus does
<nharris> (chromium in this case)
<nharris> I can't change workspaces or windows
<nharris> or reload for that matter
<nharris> bleh
<nharris> I'm filing a bug report
<nharris> I can't find anything existing that matches that
<ivanm> I've had that before
<ivanm> could never work out what happened
<ivanm> luckily, the window that was focussed was xchat, so I could use
/exec to kill the current instance of xmonad and start it again
<nharris> huh
<nharris> I have to go to tty1 and ^C it
<nharris> well in any case, I'm about to post the report, brb
<nharris> how  often does it happen btw?
<ivanm> nharris: I've had it happen maybe 2 or 3 times in what, 3 years?