[xmonad] Issue 402 in xmonad: Xmonad becomes unresponsive. No focus changing (using keys or mouse), workspace changing or recompile.

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Fri Jul 30 22:40:30 EDT 2010

Owner: ----

New issue 402 by 6181989: Xmonad becomes unresponsive.  No focus changing
(using keys or mouse), workspace changing or recompile.

What steps will reproduce the problem?

1. No idea.  Each time time it's with relatively few windows open (chromium
with ~10 tabs and ~4 instances of urxvt).  Nothing too heavy.  Seems to be
random at this point.

I expect it to...well, no lock up.  But it freezes up and none of the
keybindings in haskell.hs work (can't even recompile).  I can't change
workspaces or window focus, but the currently focused window still has its
(non-monad related) bindings and functionality work fine (chromium, screen
w/ urxvt) and I can still ctrl+alt+F1 to console.  Mouse still works, but
it doesn't change focus on the windows.

Arch x86_64 with kernel 2.6.34-ARCH and xmonad 0.9.1

Are you using an xmonad.hs?  Please attach it and the output of "xmonad
--recompile".

No --recompile output.  See attached for xmonad.hs.

It's done it twice in the less than 24 hours I've had it installed.  ivanm
@ #xmonad has confirmed this problem also. (see logs for 30/07/10 19:31)

Attachments:
	xmonad.hs  4.8 KB